1. How to list the process? top, ps -ef
2. How do you find which processes are using a particular file? lsof
3. How do you find which remote hosts are connecting to your host on a particular port say 10123? netstat -a | grep "port"
4. If one process is inserting data into your MySQL database? How will you check how many rows inserted into every second? watch
5. What is the difference between a symbolic and hard link? When would you use each?
6. What command is used to check a file system for errors? fsck
7. What file contains the list of drives that are mounted at boot? /etc/fstab
8. Describe the process for adding a new hard disk to Linux LVM to grow /home?
9. Explain /etc/rc3.d ? network service active
10. What's the difference between `telnet` and `ssh`? What's a good use for each?
11. What command can you use to review boot messages? dmesg, messages
12. Standard backup process in linux? tar with cron
13. What type of server is used to remotely assign IP addresses to machines during the installation process? dhcp
14. How to prevent a user from logging in? * or no shell
15. You have two files in two different directories with the same inode. What type of link is involved? hard
16. what is swap space? how to increase it?
17. How to install, un-install software in ubuntu, redhat?
18. Is it possible to run a cron for 50sec? can do only by scripting
19. What the command used for Search file or files for specific text? grep- text, find-file
20. What happens to a child process that dies and has no parent process to wait for it and what’s bad about this? zombie process
21. What does nslookup do? DNS
22. How would you check the route table on a workstation/server? route -n
23. I installed postfix or sendmail, is it possible to send a mail to other domain? MTA required (exim, devcote)
24. Explain the nagios & cacti? DB is required to run? if failed to run.. what the troubleshooting steps?
25. what is version control system? how to use it?
1. What is ADS in windows?
2. How to install updates to all client machines from server? using GPO
3. which protocol or service to run ADS?
4. Explain about IIS?
5. Troubleshooting methods of Remote connection?
6. How can you force the client to give up the dhcp lease if you have access to the client PC? ipconfig /release
7. What is LMHOSTS file? It’s a file stored on a host machine that is used to resolve NetBIOS to specific IP addresses.
8. What’s a Windows profile? When would you delete one, and what gets deleted?
9. What do you do if earlier application doesn’t run on Windows 7?
10. What is powershell?
11. Explain about the Server edition Anti-virus software used before?
12. what are the necessity steps required to remove virus / mallware?
1. explain about VLAN?
2. Explain about VPN, SSL VPN, SSL Certificates ?
3. Security auditing tools that you know and how to use it?
4. If we blocked the ICMP on firewall, how to check the whether the server or network equipments are live? arp
5. Different RAID levels ?
6. What is A,MX,SOA, TTL record?
7. what is mail relay? how to block mail relay?
8. is what way is imap different between POP?
9. What is subnetting? why is it used?
10. What is traceroute and its use?
11. What is layer-2, layer-3 switch? routing depends on ip address : layer 3,routing depends on mac- address : layer 2
12. What is anonymous FTP and why would you use it?
13. If in a company with 80 computers with wireless network .All are using wireless Internet.What is bandwidth per user? if its not a brigemode then no.of.user / bandwidth otherwise dedicated bandwidth to users using round robin mode.
14. How do you secure a wireless network?
15. what is NAT & PAT?
1. How to deploy a server in VM?
2. what is different between Template and Clone in VM?
3. What is HA(High availability), DRS(Distributed Resource Scheduler), Vmotion and What is EVC(Enhanced VMotion Compatibility) mode?
4. What is the use of VCenter? if we removed VC will the VM still run? still run, but can not reboot machine.
5. How to create a user in VMware & assign particular vm to user? Use VC - AD to create user and config in VM permission
6. what is vmware tools and how its help on VM's? performance to vm, its just like drivers
7. Can we do vMotion between two datacenters ? If possible how it will be? yes, VM should be powered off.
8. What are the files that make a Virtual Machine?
.vmx - Virtual Machine Configuration File
.nvram - Virtual Machine BIOS
.vmdk - Virtual Machine Disk file
.vswp - Virtual Machine Swap File
.vmsd - Virtual MAchine Snapshot Database
.vmsn - Virtual Machine Snapshot file
.vmss - Virtual Machine Suspended State file
.vmware.log - Current Log File
.vmware-#.log - Old Log file
9. What is snapshot? how to restore it? backup of VM on same datastore
10. How to set the time delay for BIOS screen for a Virtual Machine? vm settings for BIOS time delay or force restart to BIOS
11. What is VC agent? and what service it is corresponded to? mgmt-vmware
12. What are the types of data stores supported in ESX? iSCSI datastores, FC SAN datastores, Local VMFS, NAS and NFS